Points to Remember while Upgrading to QuickBooks2016 from Older Version
Upgrading to newer version and installing those small updates is quite imperative for any and every software. Whether it is computer security software like Antivirus and Internet Security or software like data and photo recovery, all the software needs to be updated and upgraded from time to time to ensure full and complete usage of the software and its features. Same is the case with accounting software called QuickBooks.
With upgrade in each version of QuickBooks, new and innovative features are added which help the user to get much more from the software than just simple management of Accounts. However, while upgrading there are certain key points that should be kept in mind for complete and proper upgrade of QuickBooks and also to know certain changes that takes place after the upgrade itself. These changes and points to remember while upgrading older version to QuickBooks 2016 are:
Support for Quickbooks 2016 Upgrade
1. System Requirements: This basically means requirement of hardware and software needed by QuickBooks. They are generally categorized in following two parts:
Supported Operating System:
• Windows 8.1.
• Windows 7.
• Windows Vista (SP2 or later).
• Windows Server 2012, Windows Small Business Server 2011, Small Business Server 2008
• Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 (SP2)
• 4 GB RAM (Minimum) and 8 GB RAM (Recommended).
• 2.4 GHz minimum processor required.
• Server RAM Requirements:
1. For up to 5 users: 8 GB RAM
2. For up to 10 users: 12GB RAM
3. For up to 15 users: 16 GB RAM
4. For up to 20 users: 20+ GB RAM
• Internet Access needed.
• 4x CD-ROM drive.
• Required Disk Space:
1. 2.5 GB Disk Space.
2. 250 MB additional for Microsoft .Net 4.0 Runtime.
2. To update data files to newer version QuickBooks that is QuickBooks 2016, all you need to do is open these files QuickBooks 2016 after installing it. As soon as you open data file in new version you will be asked if you wish to update or convert data file. Choose the option best suited to your requirements.
3. Remember once the update of data files is finished you cannot open or revert these files back to older version.
4. However, if you are working on Accountant copy in the version of QuickBooks Accountant, you can take your data files back in older version.
5. You have the option of upgrading data files of lower versions like Simple start, Pro and Premier to Enterprise version of QuickBooks. However, opposite is not allowed and neither can you revert the files back to their original version.
6. Premier data files can be opened in QuickBooks Pro and vice versa.
The above points should ensure smooth transitioning from older QuickBooks edition to QuickBooks 2016. However, if for some reason you face any issue to upgrade the software, you should immediately get in touch with QuickBooks customer support. In case of delay in getting required help, you can try to get support from agencies like QuickBooks247 who offer experienced support from Intuit certified ProAdvisors. All you need to do is call on their toll free number ☎ +1-800-301-4813